Sunday 17 April 2011

Simile ♥






Definition: simile is an art in speaking and writing. It means ca
rrying an object or a phenomenon compare to other object or phenomena. Often associated with:as, is, like, etc.

Example:



O My Luve's like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June;
O My Luve's like the melodie
That's sweetly played in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear
While the sands o' life shall run.

And fare thee weel, my only luve,
And fare thee weel, awhile!
And I will come again, my luve
Tho' it ware ten thousand mile!
(Robert Burns)

Significance: The importance of simile is it compares two unlike thing in a poem in order to make the reader can imagine about the poem and easily understand it. It makes the poem more exciting and people have more fun when they read it. The writer has to have an rich imagination to charm the reader.



2 comments: